Monday, April 27, 2015

Working, Dreaming and In betweening

In my last post (Reignite Your Dreams) I encouraged my blog family to DREAM.  Dreaming is wonderful exercise for the imagination.  The more you dream the more you allow great things to come into your life.  My only concern is the dreamer who fails to implement the steps necessary to make the dream a reality.


I've noticed in life there are three types of people:
1. Dreamers (those whose ideas or projects are considered audacious or highly speculative; one living in a world of fantasy.)
2. Workers (those concerned with ordinary activities, business or work)
3. Those with a nice combination of 1 and 2.

I found the picture below on a site I love to visit The flip flop CEO.  It shows you the perfect combination of dream, work and play.

Not to oversimplify things but I often see dreamers who don't want to do the work and workers who lack vision.  A healthy dose of both is what you need to manifest your desires.  One thing I know for certain is that we can dream all day but when we don't make plans towards accomplishing our goals the dreaming is in vain.

Let me give you an example.  I have two former colleagues both Pediatricians.


One dreamed of becoming a body builder and the other dreamed of becoming an actor.   They didn't just sit around imagining themselves doing what they wanted.  They got up and began to take the necessary training to make their dreams a reality.  One sought out a licensed trainer known for creating champion bodies and the other began taking acting lessons and auditioning for tv and film.

Neither was fully convinced that these journeys would be easy. In fact they both found themselves working even harder to accomplish these new dreams.

You may be asking, "What does any of this have to do with me?"

It's just my long-winded way of telling you:

"Any dream you desire to manifest will require some commitment, elbow grease and work to make it a reality." 

Next time you get to the point where you find yourself crippled with dreaming get yourself in gear and get it going.  Keep Moving towards your dreams.

Until next time!

No comments:

ShareThis

Search This Blog